Wisconsin title company
What does a title company do?
A title company’s job is to transfer the property rights from the current owner to the soon-to-be owner. To do this successfully, the organization must verify that there are no burdens on the home’s title. Burdens could include liens, prior mortgages, prior unpaid taxes, and fraudulent transfers, among others If you want to purchase a home, it is important to work with a Wisconsin title company. Our professionals at Capitol Title Insurance Agency can conduct a title search to detect possible issues. Contact us today for all your title needs.
Closing the transaction
The funds you will bring to the table on your closing day will be placed in what’s called an escrow account. The title company assumes the role of maintaining this account so that the funds are only used for closing costs and settlement.
Borrowers should expect our Wisconsin title company agent to have all the necessary paperwork, explain it in a way that’s easy to understand, and collect closing costs. Just be sure to communicate with your lender ahead of time, as many mortgage companies are giving borrowers an e-close option.
Qualities a good title company
- Personal support: As technology creates a more impersonal work and communication space, agents and clients prefer to know they can meet face-to-face with the title agent or speak to them over the phone. A minute conversation over the phone can instill a feeling of importance in the client as opposed to an email text, or cloud update.
- Timely communication: The ability to communicate regularly is key. Consistent communication with the agent and the seller throughout the transaction is important. Additionally, the company should have simple document updating and retrieval systems. Updates should be instant, on-demand, and easily accessible by all parties.
- Leveraging technology for effective coordination: Title agencies are managing critical dates and deadlines that need to be shared and coordinated with the real estate agents, clients, lenders and attorneys. They should advise and help agents and clients with deadlines and scheduling different closing services accordingly. Maintaining a steady, up-to-date information system between all parties involved is necessary to a successful closing.
- Follow-up: The relationship doesn’t end at the closing. A title agency is in a position to remain in the client’s life and continue to follow up with them even after closing. They have the opportunity to position themselves as a resource and further educate the agent and clients.
- Seamless closing experience: Creating a smooth, stress-free, and satisfying experience for clients is the most important thing an agency can do. How they treat closings, and their scheduling process is telling of how the experience may be. Providing a memorable and happy experience is the title company’s greatest avenue for securing more business and maintaining a good reputation.
To learn more about the title services we offer in Wisconsin or if you have any questions, reach out to our office so you can receive assistance from a trusted title company which provides title services in the Wisconsin area. We are ready to help you with all your title needs. Reach out to us today.